View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 04:05 PM   #29
JustThisGuy

Wierd timing, this post.

Just a few days ago I had to go quite some distance to a not-so-great part of town to pick up something that could not wait till the next day. I had just enough time (and fuel) to get there. Leaving their office, I had to gas up at the nearest gas station as by that time, I was sitting just over empty. I usually fuel up at 1/4 tank but that time the remaining fuel did not get me there and back.

As I was fueling in this part of town, a car pulled up on the other side of the gas pump and a young woman got out. She approached me and said she needed money for gas. I reached into my pocket and gave her the bill on the outside of my folded cash, which I knew to be a $5.00 bill. I did not take out all my cash, keeping the remaining bills in my pocket.

She started cussing at me saying she needed to fill her tank and that I was a cheapskate (modified wording). While I was struck at her total lack of gratitude, I quickly swiveled my head and glancing over my right shoulder I noticed a rough looking young male approaching me from behind.

I quickly swept back my jacket and put my hand on the grip of my Sig Sauer P229 and moved to a more defensible position.

She yelled to the young man "Don't mess wit' him he got a gun!" and they both took off in a very big hurry.

Lesson learned. Now I refuel at 1/2 tank.

Mediocrity dominates over excellence in all things... except excellence.

Page generated in 0.02677 seconds with 8 queries