View Single Post
Old February 14, 1999, 08:58 PM   #8
El Chimango Pete

First pistol: a Vaquero in 357 - I have other 357's as standard use/traing guns, Tarus, Rossi and lately a GP-100 and so have shells and reloading equipment for the one of the best defense and revolver calibers. with the advantage of being able to use the 38 spl (my wifes basic defense gun)
Second: Wanted to get closer to the 'feel' of the old cowboy shooting - which the 357 is not - tho' as Bill says, it can be downloaded, so got an Uberti in 45 LC (also a Winchester '84 in 45 - not authentic, but close enough) i rejected 44.40 because it would only be cowboy - the 45 can be as good as a 45 acp - again, defense/gp/instruction (have several 45 autos, 1911, SIG) - then began loading the 45LC a bit too hot for the Uberti (which I felt, by the way closest to the old Colt SAA) - so I added another Vaquero in 45 LC. Had i known about (and been able to import) Guslingers 44 mag/44.40 i would have got my rifle revolver combo in 44.

------------------
Member NRA (life), SASS (life 'El Chimango Pete' #20037), Muzzle Loaders, other clubs in Argentina. Firearms Instructor
On ICQ "Buzzard-Pete"

Page generated in 0.02419 seconds with 8 queries