View Single Post
Old July 30, 2009, 12:35 AM   #8
Trooper Tyree

I think the poster feels unsafe at his gun range. I understand this, I feel unsafe when I'm around anyone other than myself who is shooting, and sometimes I'm a little wary of myself. Seriously though, it can be very unnerving and angering shooting around people you don't trust or who you don't feel are following proper safety measures. We've all experienced this I"m sure. I sure have, heck, I've had neighbors and hunters shoot my house, on multiple occasions. It's enough to make you want to pickup a gun and do a little firing back and see if that doesn't ingrain some safety into them.

The sad fact is there are a lot of people who don't have, either yet or simply not at all, an ingrained respect of firearms and what they can do. There are newbs, there are old timers who have gotten calloused and careless, there are then gangbanger punk types who are trying out the moves they saw in the latest action movie at the cinema. You'll see a lot of this in your shooting lifetime.

The only solution I've found for that, is don't shoot around other people, you can just never tell what someone is going to do. I don't know about you, but I'd sure hate to become someones accidental casualty.

Good luck finding anywhere to shoot privately though.

Page generated in 0.03603 seconds with 8 queries