View Single Post
Old July 13, 2012, 02:16 PM   #16
Pahoo

Quote:
I've been looking at the various Pedersoli tang sights. What do you think of those? They are kind of pricey. If I can't eventually find a TC sight, I'll have to decide between the Lyman 57 and a Pedersoli. I would modify the Lyman like you did rather than alter the stock.
I like the vernier tang sights as they are "in the spirit". While shopping, don't forget to give Dixie a look. They are also showint the TC sight, you are looking for. Yes, Pedersoli is not only good, but pricey. One concern, is to make sure that the sight does not get in the way of the hammer and your thumb. The further back you are, on the tang the more clearance you have.
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/advance...+sight&x=5&y=5
Quote:
I stripped the New Englander and found 2 dabs of silicon gasket type material under the lock. I guess this is a later built rifle when TC QC was getting spotty. I've read about other people finding the same "fix" under the lock. I'm guessing TC had a run of stocks with the mortise cut too deep?

It was dark brown; wasn't it ?? I guess one might say that this is common and not exclusive for TC. I have a pretty good idea as to why they did this. You will also find this stuff under the tang and sometimes trigger guard. Stock shinkage adds to the problem. ....

Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.03617 seconds with 8 queries