View Single Post
Old March 24, 2009, 11:50 AM   #96
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer
he is extensively cited in the aggression literature
Yes, I saw some of that but he is not always cited in a positive way. Lots of people (some with PhDs) get cited but it doesn't make them valid IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer
I don't know the exact origin but it goes along with the 'sheeple' line. Some linguist can track it down.
According to this: http://www.macmillandictionaries.com...06-sheeple.htm

On TFL I seem to see two basic philosophy espoused. The Warrior mentality vs. Stay Safe Mentality (my construction).

For me the Warrior or Guardian Mentality seems to be a dangerous thing for Joe Whitecollar for a lot of reasons. Actually, I agree with some of what David Armstrong and some others espouse (not the comply first stuff) in that if you want to be a guardian join the military or LE. Joe Whitecollar (or blue) who fancies him or herself as a "guardian" of society gives me pause and concern over unintended consequences of playing that role. The Stay Safe mentality which I see on Michael Bane's best defense is more useful to me. However, I am not sure I agree with Lee that it is an "academic" thing unless we equate training with academia. Most of this (Stay Safe vs Warrior)seems to be common sense but I won't debate that.

Page generated in 0.03305 seconds with 8 queries