View Single Post
Old April 1, 2013, 03:13 AM   #30
Glock 31

If the brass on my cattleman was an indicator of it being a cheap gun then by all means they can make it as cheap as they want. I personally think it gives a distinct look of elegance to a solid piece of hardware. Besides I already have a 1911A1 1942 WW2 Army issue Colt .45 so i'm not hard up for an authentic Colt, nor do I expect to ever have the money to afford one.The cattleman is by far my favorite gun I own, matching or even surpassing my Bushmaster .223 carbine. I would have liked to have gotten some idea of its history as far as who owned it and where it's been since being made but I don't think I can get that.

Besides I don't think there is a 'cheap' version of a cattleman. It's either a cattleman or it isn't as far as I know. The 1800 colts were peacemaker/army models IIRC or navy models for the cap and ball. I could be wrong of course, history isn't my strong point. Point is "cattleman" is just what Uberti calls the gun. Uberti makes Colt replicas but I don't think anyone makes Uberti replicas.

As for those 'custom' welded sights, well, I personally think you would have been better off taking it to a professional smith to have that done. But of course if you couldn't afford to go that route than each to his own.

Page generated in 0.02518 seconds with 8 queries