View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 12:55 AM   #1
hightechstuff2

Dillon 1050 Rebuild....

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum and reloading. Due to recent ammo sourcing issues, I decided to explore the wonderful world of reloading. I happen to enjoy making things and am technically inclined so the new hobby should fit right in.

So.... It just so happens I have a Dillon RL 1050 laying around. It's actually brand new, never used. It was bought back in the late 80's/early 90's by my father and setup for 10mm auto. Unfortunately it was delegated to a life of sitting around in various warehouses collecting dust and rust. See pics.

Yeah... Brand new. Never used!

Anyway, I decided to rebuild this poor thing and replace all the parts that weren't bolted down as they fell off over the many years in storage.

The first thing that needed to happen was strip the whole press down to it's individual parts. From there the whole frame and sub-components were stripped of their parkerizing, scrubbed of their rust and re-parkerized.

After that, the whole press was re-assembled with fresh hardware and re-lubed.

At this point I figure this press can be brought back to perfect working order and ordered the rest of the parts from Dillon to convert it to reloading .223.

Here is the "almost" finished press waiting for the small primer conversion and large powder bar to finish it off.

Well, that's it for today... more to come. I have lots of questions on reloading since I've never done it before, but I figured I'd start with this as my first post on this forum.
Adam

Page generated in 0.04394 seconds with 8 queries