View Single Post
Old February 6, 2012, 07:54 PM   #7
hounddawg

Quote:
It doesn't matter if your scales read differently as long as they read consistently.

As long as the scale you are using for load development is consistent then you will be safe.
exactly. Like I said these loads are mild anyway. I usually stop my load development as soon as I hit the first accuracy node. When if we get our 1000 yard range I might start pushing it to find the highest node. In the loads I had measured out the highest "off" load I found was just 0.3 grains which would still be a full 2 grains shy of max load. It was the inconsistency that really had my tush torqued. These are just fun loads for the .204 but now I am wondering if the oddball flyers in my .308 loads were caused by the scale. Will be working up loads for a .260 for long range and at least now I now know not to trust the electronic.

One thing is for sure, I am swearing off electronic scales for my precision rounds. This make 2 in the last 4 years that have went bad on me.

Page generated in 0.02499 seconds with 8 queries