View Single Post
Old January 7, 2011, 11:08 PM   #7
smoakingun

Why do it? Hmm, that is a fair question. While the arguement that it just shows the legislators that a law needs to be re-written is a fair one, consider that that language in the law was deliberate, so maybe they already know that it is there. There are a few arguements for events like this one. First, to make the general public aware that such a thing is legal. (you mught be surprised at how many of our neighbors still think even possesing some firearms is still illegal) Second, to bring the governments attention to the fact that there are people in this state who wiish to decide for themselves if they would be better served carrying open rather than concealed. (the founders of this nation did not carry concealed, why should we?) And third, an event like this is an opprotunity to excersize the rights we have. (our founders did the same, several times a week town malitias gathered to drill in full view of the british army, the sight of armed malitia made the crown very nervous)
Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

Page generated in 0.03118 seconds with 8 queries