View Single Post
Old January 17, 2010, 10:24 AM   #27
Todd1700

Well my deer season isn't over yet. Not until the end of January. But I have killed the following so far.

Oct 20th I got up a tree overlooking a narrow trail where I had spotted a bachelor group of 6 bucks a few days earlier. At about 5 pm this wide 6 point came along and stopped broadside at 15 yards. I sent a 3 blade 100gr Muzzy broadhead right over his heart. He weighed 180 lbs which is pretty good for a Bama buck. Despite only having 6 points he had a 19 1/2 inch inside spread.

In November a buddy and I went on a hunting trip up to Pike County, Illinois. We were on a do it yourself hunt on a farmers land near Pittsfield. It was tougher than usually hunting because the corn was still standing when we got there and the weather turned warm on us. But on the 4th day this buck below came out of a corn field trailing behind 3 does. I saw them come out of the corn and loop around the edge of a little pond out to my right. I was hunting a narrow lane between the pond and a deep ditch behind me. They where coming right at me. I drew on him at 30 yards but he stopped quartering towards me and right behind the limbs of a little tree that were criss crossing his vitals. No shot! When he finally started to move again he followed the does right past my tree but I could not get him to stop. I shot him walking at 10 yards with a Grim Reaper expandable. It drove through the left shoulder and buried into the offside shoulder. He snapped my arrow into when he ran. I watched as he headed back out into the field and his chest just kept getting lower and lower as he ran. Finally he just plowed the ground and cut a flip. Main frame 10 point with a split right brow tine making him and 11 point. Weighed 230lbs.

Last edited by Todd1700; January 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM.

Page generated in 0.03838 seconds with 8 queries