Thread: Rage heartache
View Single Post
Old October 26, 2009, 08:36 PM   #36
wpcexpert

Well, I've never not had a broadhead open. On animals, targets...whatever. Never have seen it in the 20 or so different mechanicals that I have shot. Over thousands of shots

As far as shot placement, your statement bothers me a bit...
Quote:
if everyone could shoot 100% and hit one lung that is great....you be off just a fraction of a inch?
If everyone was 100%, every shot would be a heart and double lung. And yes, I can be off by a fraction of an inch. But I promise you that a fraction of an inch is not going to make a difference where I'm aiming...5 inches maybe.

A deer can be killed in any direction he/she is facing...and I'll shoot it there. The vitals can be reached. I've seen deer go down in 30 yds from a slam liver hit, and go 150 from a double lung(not mine, 3 blade Muzzy). It's all up to the deer. I'm not going to say that I've never lost a deer, but the ones I've lost were not due to me taking a questionable shot, they were deflections or not realizing the how the deer was quartering. I'm confident in my equipment and abilities to put my arrow where needed. But on the same hand, if I'm not 100% sure, I don't shoot.

bamaranger:
Another Dead zone is high and forward thru the shoulder. Limited blood on the arrow and speckled at best on the ground. Trailed a few of those, and one of my own. Never found any.

zahnzieh:
The Spitfire is tied for most lethal broad I've ever shot. There are problems with sharp quartering away shots. The blades sometimes catch before the tip and "flip" before the tip penetrates. (hunting terminology can sound so dirty) But they are one of the best for broadside shots. Nasty even.

I've never heard of State Ordained Trackers. I know guys with good dogs, but none affiliated with the state.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.02155 seconds with 8 queries