View Single Post
Old August 21, 2011, 01:44 AM   #7
Bill Akins

I previously mentioned earlier, modern black powder substitutes such as pyrodex among others don't cause fouling and a gumming up like standard black powder does. Just because the Webley Fosbery didn't use black powder, doesn't mean the concepts of the zig zag slots can't be utilized. I believe the pressure generated would be dependent upon the charge volume of the chambers. As a much larger but still pertinent example, ever see the recoil of a black powder cannon? And remember, the harmonica block would be aluminum with steel chamber sleeves decreasing the weight dramatically so it would be easier for the harmonica block to recoil due to less weight.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; August 21, 2011 at 02:01 AM.

Page generated in 0.02810 seconds with 8 queries