View Single Post
Old March 10, 2005, 12:22 PM   #13
haskell

Depends on what part of the country you are talking about. You can't use martial arts on a suspect,or you will get sued. That is why they provide you with pepper spray,baton, etc. I was told early on "we don't get paid to box,we get paid to win" Military service is a big plus. College is almost a must. Does not have to be completed before you become a Police officer. It is not as easy to get on the job, as some would lead you to believe. A written test,physical test, Strength test, psycological test Etc. Here in Massachusetts ,if you do not get close to a 100 on the written, you never get called for the rest. Don't let some the gunslingers on this site make it sound like a quick draw contest everytime you go to work. I did 30yrs in a medium size city. Drew the weapon many times,did not have to shoot anybody.I have a friend that shot one dead.NO DISCUSSION ON WHAT ****ING LOAD HE WAS CARRYING, DEAD IS DEAD. The sad part about cops who shoot people. Most get off the job within a couple of years. mental stress. The gun does stay in the holster most of the time. This is a fantasy site,not the real world. common sense will get you through. Think about, why would you have to list all the guns you own on every thread? GOOD LUCK

Page generated in 0.03563 seconds with 8 queries