View Single Post
Old April 20, 2011, 11:16 AM   #15
BigJimP

Ok, Jersey ....I'll accept what you're saying based on prices in your area ....a $ 300 difference is a lot on a $ 600 gun...

I have dealers in my area I don't like / and some I do ...and I spend my money with the shops I like.

In my area the internet vs local dealers on a $ 600 gun is often less than $50 ...and to buy off the internet and save $50 is ridiculous in my view. I have a buddy that owns and runs a gunshop ...he sees the same guys month after month --- shopping in his store, asking his sales staff for advice ...and they never buy ...he knows who they are... I keep telling him he should charge them $ 50 an hour for consultation ...( cash up front / let them run a tab ) ...when its at zero - pay the man again ...and then ask more questions..)

In his case ...he doesn't advertise it ...but he has 2 different price level markups ...one for "the browsers" ....and one for his "repeat customers" .../ I respect the profit margin he has to make to pay his overhead and make a living ...and he'll make me a deal when he can ...and as a result, in the last couple of years, I've bought 3 of the 5 new guns I've bought from him ...and he's handled all my special orders ...for the last 10 yrs ...

Page generated in 0.01909 seconds with 8 queries