View Single Post
Old May 15, 2010, 11:44 AM   #8
bedbugbilly

Many, many years ago, I saw an original package of Maynard Tape Primers that a Civil War collector had come up with somewhere. I can't remember though what the dimensions, etc. were on them. When I was about 13, I had a fellow who was my "mentor" in shooting NSSA. Mind you, this is 45 years ago and about the only repro "Civil War" rifle was the Zouave. He had several originals that he used for skirmishing - one was an 1855 with the Maynard Tape Primer. I remember that we messed around trying to see if we could alter the toy caps to work, etc. and after a number of frustrating attempts, he just went back to using standard musket caps. I have a repro 1855 byt if course the Maynard primer is non-functional on it. I haven't shot NSSA for quite a while but you might go to their website and drop them an email. Perhaps there is someone in the organization who has come up with something that will work. Good luck in your efforts and I hope you'll keep us posted! Thanks!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.01984 seconds with 8 queries