View Single Post
Old January 10, 2014, 04:07 AM   #10
rglassma

Went to the range yesterday and put 100+ rounds through my Rock Island Tactical II FS with the VZ grip... Very nice shooter. But, made the following observations and had minor issue:

1) Had to raise the rear sight (adjustable) since it was shooting a little low. But of course my vision isn't great and it shoots better then I can. Problem solved

2) The armscor mag that accompanied the gun is not the best. Doesn't retract the slide after 8 shots all the time... I also had a WC 8 round clip and it functions well without that issue so I don't believe it is the gun. Read of this issue before.

3) The trigger is just right for me and has a very nice SA feel

4) Store bought rounds had no failures.. Had a couple on my reloads. But I guess that is to be expected since I haven't fine tuned the cartridge for the gun.

5) Spoke with Armscor and they said send the clip back and they will replace it no questions asked. I purchased a second WC 8 round mag at the range..

6) The VZ grip is fantastic.. After 100 rounds, very comfortable with no negative issues.

7) Overall, I am very pleased with the gun. It looks great, shoots great, has good recoil management, and the price was right...

Page generated in 0.04140 seconds with 8 queries