View Single Post
Old March 2, 2007, 10:30 PM   #3
benedict1

CrustyFN is right. At the volume you are dropping you should continue to get excellent results. As the nylon bushing gets broken it, rubbing against the disk with each charge, you'll reach ±0.05 gr accuracy.

It is only when you get down below 4 gr. of Unique, or any flake powder that you have to watch it. Then, Lee recommends rapping the powder measure with a screwdriver handle. Static charges on flake powders can get worrisome too and at low weights you may experience light charges.

I load 4.7 gr of Unique with 124 gr bullet in 9mm and have turned out thousands of them. Most enjoyable, no problems. When I check the occasional charge weight it is usually smack on 4.7 gr.

Ball powders are even better. I shoot 2.2 gr Win 231 in an old S&W .38 S&W revolver--it throws 2.2 gr every time. You don't have near the problems with bridging or static with ball powders.

If you really want to make light loads find a ball powder that will do what you want.

Same thing goes for the adjustable bar, but it is even more cranky since it is designed as a narrow slit cavity, not a round hole. I wouldn't trust it with Unique below about 4.5 gr. With ball powders it should work pretty good.

Last edited by benedict1; March 2, 2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Add comment re adjustable bar

Page generated in 0.03179 seconds with 8 queries