View Single Post
Old June 24, 2011, 11:32 PM   #13
randomvalleyguy

Laws here are crazy! I live in the car-jack capitol of California, and I can't even carry a pistol in my truck to defend my property. Can't even open carry over here! I only have CLPD, can't afford full coverage, so if I'm carjacked I'm really SOL. In California (at least where I live) you can only get a CCWP if you're stinking rich, or have certain connections. Living on a crappy side of town, hearing gunshots every night, afraid to walk the streets past sundown in fear of getting stabbed, shot, mugged, or jumped by a bunch of thugs wearing red or blue isn't a good enough reason I guess. (six shootings (two were fatal), three stabbings(one fatal), and one armed robbery last week alone in my town, and it was a slow week). I looked into getting a concealed carry permit around here and apparently self defense isn't reason enough to get one. You've got to be transporting large sums of money, or transporting merchandise worth large sums of money, or a business owner, or something else that I'm not. Can't get one just because I'm afraid of being in the wrong place in the wrong time. I'm just a middle class citizen who's scared to leave his own home. I wish this was a shall issue state, because I have a clean record, not even a traffic violation, and if I was in almost any other state getting my CCWP wouldn't be that difficult. In other words, I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO ARIZONA!

Page generated in 0.03624 seconds with 8 queries