View Single Post
Old October 21, 2013, 11:31 AM   #6
*NOVA*

apples and oranges, guns and shoes

Best pair of shoes I've ever had I wear at work. Paid twice as much for this pair than most pairs I had over many years. This pair hurt my feet like hell the first few days after I bought them. Gave me a huge blister around the ankle - had to glue some cloth and leather onto the back inside of the right shoe to keep it from sliding over my ankle.
After all that hassle, the shoes finally "broke in" and now I love them. Can wear them all day and don't even need to take them off when I get home.

When you buy a brand new automobile, don't you have to go easy on the engine for a while before you start driving really fast?

It is the nature of the beast - some things, by design, need a breakin period and no one who has researched that product should expect it to have top performance right out of the box. Heck even my Savage Model 64 squirrel gun cost me less than 150.00 OOD would hangup on just about any brand of 22 until I shot a few hundred rounds out odf it and now it will shoot all day long with no FTF's.

Looser tolerances in manufacturing process for some guns allow them to work right out of the box, but sometimes that loose fit can have a negative effect on accuracy.

Page generated in 0.02474 seconds with 8 queries