View Single Post
Old February 25, 2009, 04:59 PM   #1
oldkim

Advice needed for steel plate practice.

I'm setting up a day to let people practice drawing and firing from their holster, on the move and at steel plates and IDPA targets.

I'm a safety officer and instructor but just wanted to cover all bases. I'm holding this in mid March here near Seattle, Washington.

My intent was to offer a venue for good citizens with their CPL (concealed pistol license) to practice and have some fun.

What I have in mind is kinda like a mix of the good old day where as a child I went to a ditch and just shot the heck out of some cans. Draw & fire, shoot on the move, shoot at steel plates and also IDPA targets upclose.

For steel it'll be 30 feet unless their using frangibles then they can move up to about 7 feet. IDPA targets will be 7-30 feet. People can shoot as fast as they can keep it on the berm.

Background: The Seattle area doesn't really have a good area to shoot this way. Most ranges don't allow drawing and firing, shooting on the move and at steel plates. We have lots of IDPA/USPSA matches but I wanted to bridge the area for CPL and people that are interested in these sports but aren't ready for them.

Suggestions would be appreciated. This is not a commercial venture. I'm doing this as a member of the club I belong to for members and CPL holders.

Check out my new website: www.shootonthemove.org

Page generated in 0.03591 seconds with 8 queries