View Single Post
Old July 18, 2005, 06:14 PM   #3
Double Naught Spy

Whether or not the instructor can teach the law can vary state to state. In Texas, they do.

Do check your state's laws, but I am confident that you will find that the law does NOT specify exactly how you can apply lethal force. In short, once your state's requirements are met for using lethal force, whether you shoot the bad guy in the head, chainsaw through the chest, or run over him with your H2 Hummer at 90 miles an hour isn't stipulated. I also believe that it will not stipulate how many times you can shoot a person either. The question may be raised as to whether the person was still a threat to you when you did the head shot, and if the person was, then there should be no problem.

You won't find a section that says that the following calibers are considered malicious to use when performing an act of self defense (list of friendly calibers). There will be no definition of tire irons, golf clubs, or size of vehicle that can be use. You will not be limited to a stick of certain dimensions to keep you from being "malicious."

I am not sure, but I have never seen any form of lethal force, used when requirements were met by the law, called malicious in a court finding. Once again, feel free to check, and Texas is the only state I am even remotely familiar with, but I don't think you will find anything.

As you note, when your life is on the line, it is stupid to be worrying about potential legal rammifications. One thing is certain. If you are dead, there are no legal rammifications to you. Your estate may be sued, but with you dead, you won't be a part of the process directly.

Check it all for yourself, but generally speaking, lethal force means lethal force and you are not dictated as to how you apply it once conditions are met for application.

Page generated in 0.03666 seconds with 8 queries