Thread: Sweaty hands
View Single Post
Old January 19, 2013, 09:30 AM   #6
Misssissippi Dave

Loading isn't the scary part. Shooting the first round is. Just make certain the bullet left the barrel every time. It would be surprising if you didn't have to make some kind of change to the first rounds you make. It could be OAL, amount of powder or change of bullet. Some people just want it to go bang and could careless about anything else.

I went through different weights and shapes of bullets. I also went through several powders to find combinations I could use for different calibers. I pretty much stay with one or two loads. I wanted to find what I could use for those times when, like now, things are in short supply. I have at least 3 powders I have worked up loads for my shooting needs. When I can't get one of them I will just switch to the other for a while.

You could get the results you are looking for on the first time out. There is always that chance. You might find something even better when you are looking for other combinations you can use later. It has happened for me in more than one caliber.

Keep the number of rounds you start loading of any new load low. Who wants to pull bullets? Increase the number of rounds a little to re-test. When you are happy with them you can start making the quantity you would like to have on hand.

Your nerves will be on edge when you pull the trigger the first time. The smile after will probably last longer.

Page generated in 0.03634 seconds with 8 queries