View Single Post
Old February 23, 2011, 04:12 AM   #9
Kadmos

There are some good points to the Italian SAA's in my opinion. My Uberti cattleman .357 uses an updated coil hand spring that is like the rugers, but is held in place with a set screw rather than ready to pop off when you take it apart.

You get the leaf spring main spring which is cheaper, and easier to replace with lighter springs if you wish. One of the big things to me is the cylinder actually indexes correctly for loading and unloading. It clicks to the right spot, you don't have to roll things forward or back.

Mine probably has 5000 rounds or more through it, works great. I did break the bolt/trigger spring...totally my fault, during a dis-assembly. Upgraded to the wire type which just makes the action that much sweeter.

Although I do occasionally lust after a vaquero from time to time, but I hated the trigger on the blackhawk I had which keeps that flame kinda low.

Which reminds me, the trigger on the Uberti is awesome, no creep whatsoever. I actually had to file the trigger a tiny bit flatter on top because it was a bit scary light for my taste, just a pass or two, nothing to really dull it out, but enough so I could touch the trigger without fear of it going off before I actually mean to squeeze.

Page generated in 0.03804 seconds with 8 queries