View Single Post
Old August 15, 2009, 03:03 AM   #40
zippy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank15
If I remember correctly, O/Us are favored for skeet because you can use two different chokes. i.e. full choke for the first shot, mod. for the second. I am not 100% on the choke selection, but it's something along those lines.

Another purpose of O/Us is quick second shots. Although most people who shoot for fun probably won't notice, some will find the autoloading action of a semiauto to be undesirable. Some people even claim that the heat dissipation from semiautos affect their vision.
In reality, Hank, O/Us are favored in Skeet because most folks shoot better scores with them. It's a combination of many things; and, at the top of the list is a smooth swing and next is probably reliability. If you're a serious shooter you'll probably reload. And, with reloads the autoloaders can be finicky. Personally, I have more confidence in my O/Us than in my autoloader; but, it has more to do with my reloads than the guns.

Don't let folks tell you that you can't shoot Skeet with an autoloader. Just screw in a cyl or skt choke and go for it.

Page generated in 0.02179 seconds with 8 queries