View Single Post
Old June 26, 2006, 05:49 PM   #8
Freakdaddy

I had a .300 Win Mag Stainless Stalker left hand. Adjustable trigger, short bolt throw, quality craftsmanship...absolutely great gun. I also like the detachable magazine design better than the Remingtons. The only reason I sold it was because it was a pre-BOSS model. I bought my wife the BAR with the BOSS in a .270 and it is a really nice system. The only reason I haven't replaced it is because now I'm holding out for the Duratouch coating and Browning keeps dragging their feet LOL!

I bought my son a 700 Mountain Rifle DM in .260, same action as CDL. It is an accurate gun but heavier trigger pull and you have to pay a gunsmith to fix it if you're not competent in doing this. Sometimes my son has a tough time getting both sides of the detachable magazine seated properly. He is young but it isn't as user friendly as the Browning's design. Also, the craftsmanship isn't as good as the Browning's. Not saying it is bad, it's just the little things you notice after owning Brownings.

I've never shot/owned a Sako, but have thought about it. I've heard good things about them from people who've owned them. After seeing a gun test by Craig Boddington in a Guns & Ammo magazine where he tested 5 different 75's in various calibers, I wasn't real impressed with the accuracy of these guns. Not that they were bad, but for the money, I would expect better.

Being a fellow southpaw shooter and knowing our limited selection, I'd definately go with the Browning. IMHO, they are the best production rifles and shotguns out there.

Alan

Page generated in 0.03451 seconds with 8 queries