View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 08:39 PM   #6
SmithkoWitz

Sig P232 or . . .

I have a Sigarms P232, have had for almost 4 years now. It is a very nice looking, accurate and feels great in most anyone's hand. Too bad the reliability of it doesn't hold up the rest of those great qualities. Since day one I have had failure to fire issues in addition to the less frequent FTE and jam of an empty and fresh round. Contrary to some, I see no need to have 3 hands to fix the issue with the jams, two and ingenuity work just fine. I recently acquired another Sauer gun, and it is as well; Sour that is. It's a P290 with failure to fire too often and a 6 round magazine that cannot accept 6 rounds or be inserted with 6 rounds when you finally get it to accept 6 and then be capable of allowing the slide to be racked. Just wrote Sig today about the P232 as I am completely disappointed in their products. I am sending back the 6 round mag for the P290 and shall see if the re-strike necessity situation resolves itself after I have gone through another 200 - 300 rounds. To date I have only put about 250 round through it. There has been about 15 failure to fire incidents. One round required 3 strikes before it fired. The same box of ammo used in other guns has never had a misfire.

Page generated in 0.03638 seconds with 8 queries