View Single Post
Old September 7, 2008, 09:53 PM   #1
toogunshy

"1960 new model army centennial" cleaning information please

I bought a 1960 new model army centennial, which is made in Belgium at a local estate sale. It looked great at first glance. But after I got it home I noticed that it was missing the pin to hold the barrel in place. I notice that the cylinder would not turn when I pull the trigger. So I start taking it apart to clean it. There was no rust on the outside of the gun. I found a little rust when I started looking at the internal part. I found a little rust. I was able to take almost ever thing apart except the cylinder. With barrel, trigger, handle and hammer removed I still could not remove the cylinder. I thought that it should just slide off the barrel alignment pin (metal rod in the center of the cylinder). I know that is not what it is called. I have put WD40 and other oil trying to make it loosing up. But with no luck.

So here are my three questions. The first one is does anyone know how I can get the cylinder off of the rod so I can clean and oil it? I am guessing that the cylinder is rusted on the rod. The other rust that I have found has not been that bad.
2. Am I correct on that fact that the cylinder should just slide off the rod once the barrel is removed?
3. Does anyone know where I can get the pin that holds on the barrel?
Thanks for any help.

Page generated in 0.03694 seconds with 8 queries