View Single Post
Old December 20, 2002, 01:29 PM   #23
45Rookie

Killit n Grillit
Quote:
40 S&W's are for people who are ashamed to be seen carrying a 9mm,But don't have what it takes to carry a .45...Col.Jeff Cooper

Nice answer. I like it

9mm vs .40 vs. 45ACP
Two Blink
Quote:
Why the 9mm is bad:
~Smaller hole
~Not enough energy
Ever heard of 9MM +P+ in 147 grain. Shot placement is what counts.

Quote:
Why the .45ACP sucks:
~Expensive
~Not a good package for CCW. Low-cap in a CCW package usually. This means your CCW and Main sidearm might be two different calibers. Very inefficient.
Talk to Tacoma PD and LAPD SWAT who carry 1911 sidearms. Though they are not CCW. It makes for an effective package even with a "low cap".

Need Higer capacity .45ACP try Glock or Kimber. They make some of the smallest 45's around with higher capacity.

The preicdent for your arguements are written poorly IMHO, I have read more objective reasoning, but I do understand what it is that your coming across. I respect your belief system as I have shot and am profiecient in various calibers.

Do they make peer reviewed research for ballistics? hehehe Even so people would still have a perference for a particular round.

For the record I would be happy with any of the three calibers if I needed a side arm. Individuals have to be good and comfortable with the round they decide to carry.

With an attorney attached to every bullet that leaves the gun, god forbid 1 leaving the gun hitting the target is better then 15 misses.

RESPECTFULLY,

45R

Page generated in 0.03443 seconds with 8 queries