View Single Post
Old September 1, 2011, 02:25 AM   #2
American Eagle

Oh no, you bought a brasser. Brass revolvers are very pretty, but keep in mind that brass is not as strong as steel. Therefore, you should always use a lighter load of powder when shooting your brass revolver. Do not go above 20 grains of black powder with this revolver. And yes, you will end up shooting it sooner or later, black powder shooting is too much fun to pass up.

I have a Pietta Remington 1858, the best cap and ball revolver ever made (in my opinion). A lot sturdier than the 1851, and easier to take apart. You should pick one up whenever you have a chance. You will love it.

Do go to the Black Powder forum and share your black powder experience with us when you decide to shoot it (you will eventually). Anyway, enjoy your brazzer. Black powder is addicting.

Here is a picture of me striking a cowboy pose with my 1858. If you've never seen a Cuban cowboy, I guess there is always a first time for everything. I wonder what my Spaniard and French ancestors would make of my cowboy fantasies if they were alive to see me?

Last edited by American Eagle; September 1, 2011 at 02:59 AM.

Page generated in 0.02255 seconds with 8 queries