View Single Post
Old June 1, 2011, 05:40 PM   #16
BigJimP

I'm not a chemist ...but if that's true, I'm not sure I'd like it either ....but I agree, that if you can't get it to drop accurately, its not a good option either.

But there are a number of powders that are very fine grains - like Hodgdon International or Longshot ...and even with the larger flake of Hodgdon Clays ...it drops way more consistent than 0.6 grains variation .....

I still suspect some anti-static dryer sheets ( wipe the insides and the outsides of the powder cannister on the press ) ....will fix your problem. Or maybe make sure the loader is bolted down very securely / and analyze your actions in terms of operating the handle every time / is it always the same ...or does it bottom out a little more firmly from time to time ...causing some variation.

Powder baffles are available ... Downrange makes one of the most used ...and while MEC doesn't offer it / it may help --- or you may be able to borrow one from someone in your area that has them and has elected not to use them. Guys like me, that have reloaded for 40 yrs ....have boxes of accessories ...left over stuff, things we tried - didn't like, so we aren't using them .... http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=788046

Page generated in 0.02177 seconds with 8 queries