View Single Post
Old September 3, 2009, 10:53 AM   #11
Skans

Just one comment about people ringing doorbells at 12:00 midnight. I once had to do this. I was riding my motorcycle home and spotted a motorcycle lying in the grass by the road. Looked like someone ditched it, and then I saw a guy lying about 15 feet beyond the motorcycle unconcious.

I ran to the nearest house, rang the doorbell to try to get help. No response. I went to the next house, rang the bell. Someone came to the door, and I told them they didn't need to open it, but asked them to call 911. I finally was able to convince them to do that.

The only reason I mention this is because I've been on the other end of this scenario. I didn't have a cell phone, what else could I really do? The guy was lying face down (no helmet), unconcious, in a bed of fireants. His face was grusome - mising flesh, blood and fireants. I didn't want to move him because he could have had a broken back or neck.

I figured if I begged enough, someone would at least call the cops. Fortunately someone called 911 and the ambulance showed up within minutes.

Page generated in 0.04531 seconds with 8 queries