View Single Post
Old February 13, 2013, 10:00 PM   #4
bedbugbilly

I can also remember . . . and I think it was in the original "Alamo" done back in the early 60s . . . . where some 45/70s were altered to appear to look like flintlocks. I guess you'd have to say that some of the more recently done movies have at least been an effort to keep authenticity.

I always found it a little disappointing to see some historical movies . . . which could/should have been excellent . . spoiled by the use of incorrect weapons and accouterments. I guess a lot of folks wouldn't know the difference but for someone who is a history buff, it can sure spoil the effect in a hurry. Things like a Civil War movie where the actors are dressed in 5 button sack coats with McKeever cartridge boxes - 45/70 rifles, etc.

Or, a good western that takes place in the 1870s and the actors are armed with Winchester 94s.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02335 seconds with 8 queries