View Single Post
Old February 9, 2008, 10:35 PM   #4
bcrash15

If it's getting jammed up at a 45° like you said, does it seem like the nose of the bullet is getting caught on the top of the barrel instead of going in it? It can be hard to diagnose feeding problems, the best thing you can do while shooting is to continue like you have and takes notes of what causes the jams. I've heard of manufacturers recommending break in periods for the gun to settle in to use, but really if something is still not working right after a couple hundred rounds I'd be getting mighty curious about it.

The grains thing is just a measure of bullet weight. Some loadings shoot a heavier bullet slower, others a lighter bullet faster. 115 grains is on the lighter end of 9mm loadings, I might try a mid-weight, like a 124+ grain bullet, to see if it cycles the slide more energetically. Also, your gun may just not like certain brands (it shouldn't matter, but it happens), the next time you buy ammo, you might want to snag a few different boxes and see if the problem is brand specific.

Page generated in 0.02930 seconds with 8 queries