View Single Post
Old November 23, 2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Hog Buster

I can't help you with your time/date problem and your deer may be camera shy, but here they sure aren't. I get 30 to 90 pictures a night. Not only deer. Foxes, coons, rabbits, hogs, coyotes, possums, skunks, dogs, cats, even an occasional bear.

Mine is an old one with a bright flash and it doesn't seem to bother any of my local wildlife. I have a 5 minute delay between pictures when something is moving around in its view. Most times I get repeated pictures of the same animal while they feed, fight or just hang around. Deer are some times so close to the camera that they are washed out by the flash. None of the critters that I have captured digitally seem bothered by the flash, no matter how close.

As a matter of fact last night I got 67 pictures of 5 different bucks, 8 to 10 different does and 4 yearlings and fawns. All of the pictures had repeated shots of the same animals, none seemed be alarmed by the flash.

Of course it goes without saying that you have to have something to draw them into camera range, food, water, salt lick, forage plot, deer trail, something to interest them.

Page generated in 0.02841 seconds with 8 queries