View Single Post
Old December 19, 2001, 07:57 PM   #1
Wayne F

Model 12 for trap?

I inherited a Winchester Model 12 from my father and would like to start shotgunning again. It has been about 15 years since I last fired it. Been sitting in my safe all this time.

So, I have a couple of questions for you all.
1. What can you tell me about the Model 12?

2. What cleaning / inspection should I do before I shoot it? It functioned flawlessly last time it was used.

3. I will be shooting trap at a local range and will be taking a shotgun class at the range the first of next year. All of my previous clay busting has been done informally on dnr land etc. So, will the Model 12 work ok for this? I don't recall how long the barrel is.... seems very long to me though. My only other shotgun is a Mossberg 500 SD 18" barrel.

4. I have not paid much attention to shotgun ammo prices until recently. I was in Wally world the other day and noticed a "value pack" of 12ga. for $16.00 for 100. This would put my cost to shoot at ~ $.32 per shot. .16 for each shell and .16 per shot range fee. I will be reloading rifle and was wondering what the financial benefit of reloading shotgun as well would be?

Thanks
Wayne

Page generated in 0.03215 seconds with 8 queries