View Single Post
Old August 17, 2013, 09:06 PM   #31
Tom Servo
Staff

If this thread proves one thing, it's the fact that we can be our own worst enemies sometimes. We don't just let ourselves get factionalized: we actively do it to each other.

Case in point: back during the panic, I was at the shop and a young guy mentioned that I must have "tons of AR's." I responded that I had one, but I wasn't really a fan of the rifle.

He blew up. "You're just a Fudd who thinks everything but deer rifles should be banned! You don't support us. Imma go tell the internets!"

Well, if he'd stuck around to listen, he'd have learned something. I don't like that the iron sights are so far above the bore, I don't like the fact that the rifle is front-heavy, and I don't trust the gas system. It's not for me.

Does that mean it's not for him? No. Does that mean I think they should be restricted? Heck no. In fact, I've probably done way more to support his right to own Stoner's little varmint gun than he ever will.

I'm an old fuddy-duddy because I shoot revolvers better than automatics. I'm not a combat shooter because I shoot slower (but better) than Rapid Fire Timmy. If I do shoot at the same speed as Timmy, I'm not wearing the right brand of shooting vest. Heaven help me if I show up at a skeet shoot in blue jeans.

It's all so tiresome and divisive.

Page generated in 0.03661 seconds with 8 queries