View Single Post
Old June 27, 2011, 02:19 PM   #14
Doodlebugger45

I understand why you're thinking about it, but I don't think you'll be satisfied doing it that way. For one thing, it will take a fair amount of space to just store 100 or 200 individual powder charges. But if I was doing it that way, I might see if I could find a bunch of those little plastic cups with lids like they have at fast food places for ketchup and dressing. They might take up less space than pill bottles.

I understand the OCD part about weighing each charge for rifles. But I'm wondering about why it takes so long to set up the scale. I have an RCBS Chargemaster 1500 (just the scale, not the dispenser part). It just sits on the table where I load. I guess it's fairly level, but I haven't given it much thought. If I'll be reloading a fair amount, I just leave it turned on for many days. But even if I start it cold, it only takes a couple minutes to warm up. I know the instructions say to let it warm up more but I don't. And you're supposed to calibrate it each time you turn it on, but I don't. After getting used to it, I found out that it's not sensitive to levelness, it doesn't need to warm up, and it hardly ever needs calibrating. I have a 75.1 gr bullet that I use as a check weight. Every time I have ever put it on the scale, it has read the same. My Lyman 55 and Lee Perfect dispensers also just sit on the table all the time. About all I have to do is dump some powder into them and then adjust them to throw the right amount. That takes a couple minutes, but I record the settings, so it doesn't take long to go back to something I used before.

Page generated in 0.02072 seconds with 8 queries