Thread: Lead Danger?
View Single Post
Old September 7, 1999, 11:21 PM   #5
GreybeardB

Way back in history..... I was about 8 or 10 years old. I ancored split shot with my teeth,I still have all but two.(teeth)
The downfall however, came when my Daddy bought me a Daisy single shot, break pump BB gun for my 9th birthday. I dearly loved that little gun. Kept all(well,most) of the vermine from taking over the homestead.....sparrows,pidgeons,rats even a cotton tail now and again(for the table,that's a game animal,not vermine).
Now,without giving my age,this was a time before copper plated BB's. Yep,pure lead. And, this Daisy single shot was a muzzle loader. OK,are you getting the picture? When you're 9 years old,you can hold about 30 to 50 BB's in your mouth, chew two sticks of Dentene(didn't have bubble gum back then), spit a BB down that barrel about as fast as you could cock it,and never swollow the gum.(we had no idea lead injestion was harmful),after all this was before EPA,AMA,CDC or dead ducks with lead poisoning.
Now, I have no idea how many BB's I swallowed during that happy and hallowed period of 8 to 10 years. But this I know; I'm definately effected. I mold and shoot lead bullets(both pistol and rifle),including round balls for muzzle loading(both pistol and rifle).....don't spit them down the barrel,spit only on the patch. I load shot shells from #9 to 00 buck. I even strip down old car batteries and melt out the lead.....very near pure lead in most car batteries. My mental capacity never did fully develope because I'd much rather shoot or reload than go dancing or partying. I'm definately not politictly correct..... I see the problem of school violence in the shooter,not the gun.
And probably the best way to know is the fact that my party of choice has been out of it for two terms now.
So,does lead have anything to do with the many national crises' we have today? Me thinks so,because there's too many of us mentaly(lead)afflictded people who are not inteligent enough to throw out(vote)the scum we have for social and especially political leaders.

------------------
Ralph in In.

Page generated in 0.03368 seconds with 8 queries