View Single Post
Old November 2, 2004, 08:17 PM   #1
shanewomer

Ruger, BFR, and Freedom Arms - Single Action Choices!

O.K.,
I was going to get a Colt SAA, until everyone here talked me out of it, because the Ruger Vaquero is tougher, and can be shot with fun cowboy action shooting, and will last longer, and has a safe transfer bar, and can handle more powerful cartridges like the .44 mag, etc...

Now that I'm looking at the Ruger, I've taken notice of a few other Single Action Revolvers that strike my fancy, and I'm confused again. I know they're not as cowboy looking, but like I said, they stroke my fancy! For one, I really like guns that have two caliber options, and some of these other ones have that. Like a 454, and .45 Long Colt, in one Single Action revolver. And there are many other combinations available, etc...

I think the BFR .45LC/410 is a cool one too.

What about the Magnum Research BFRs? They come in many different flavors of calibers, (some REALLY big ones), and they look real nice, especially with the custom the black micarta handles that they offer.

What kind of hammer does the BFR have? Is it a fining pin on the hammer, that is weak like the Colt, or is it a trasfer bar, or what?

How about the Freedom Arms? I know they're the most expensive, but how do they compare with the BFRs? What's the differences?

Thanks, Shane

Page generated in 0.02862 seconds with 8 queries