View Single Post
Old June 26, 2021, 07:34 AM   #34
taylorce1

I wear a lot of Carhart and other such work clothes when I hunt. This last year however I purchased some Cabela's brand camo clothes to hunt in. It wasn't because it's camouflage, I bought it because it was a layering system for a late November deer hunt at 9000 ft. I don't think camo helps much with hunting, except predator and turkey hunting.

I spent about $600 maybe a little more on actually two sets of camo so I could swap out clothes as we were hiking 10-15 miles daily, and staying out all day living out of our packs. Lows were around freezing and highs were upper 60's so layering was important, and I knew the items I purchased worked together. In contrast I did the same hunt in 2014 and the low was -20 with a high of 0⁰, I used Carharts and hoodies and it PITA to stay warm, get the gear in and out of my pack, move because it was so bulky, and it was unnecessarily heavy. You can go to your favorite mountaineering store and buy the same stuff as the high end Kuiu, Sitka, and etc, it just probably will not be camouflage like you see on hunting clothes and it may or may not be cheaper.

I don't need my camo system to get on game, but it has been working to regulate my temperature better. This sure makes my hunting more enjoyable, and keeps me in the pursuit longer. Do you need expensive camo to sit in a elevated deer stand or box blind, not really unless it makes your time in each more comfortable.

Page generated in 0.03662 seconds with 8 queries