View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 06:25 PM   #26

I own a lot of .357 revolvers including all the ones you tested (although mine in some cases have different barrel lengths than the ones you tested).

Which one is "best" is mostly a personal choice. The things that are important to you, may not be important to me. All of them are terrific revolvers. You really can't go wrong with any of them other than your own personal preferences.

Out of the revolvers you tested, I personally like the GP-100 best. It feels the best in my hand. I like the feel of the action the best. I REALLY like the fact that you can easily and quickly field strip it for an in-depth cleaning. Something that you mentioned you arn't really interested in is the terrific strength of the GP-100. I sometimes enjoy shooting max loads and I know I could shoot max loads till the day I die and the GP-100 is more than up to that task.

Then you brought up the S&W Model 14. The Model 14 was one of the first revolvers I ever owned. It was an 8 3/8" barreled version. I shot it a lot and really liked it. But, back then I sold it to finance something else I thought I HAD to have and I didn't have the money to keep both. Somewhere along the way I bought another one also in the 8 3/8" barrel length.
I you really only want to shoot targets and have no desire to shoot .357s, I think I might just go with the Model 14.
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.

Page generated in 0.04320 seconds with 8 queries