View Single Post
Old April 14, 2012, 12:11 AM   #10
Blindjim

Tirod
3 Affordable/inexpensive 20 rd or more ammo mags. Not really, only 5.56 is cheap - all the alternative calibers run $15 and up.

Me
Given my FNH FNP 45T mags are right at $50 a pop… HK run as high as $70… $20 - $40 is fine.

RE Gisselle's GI trigger.
Q: How much?

RE 5 Flat top upper receiver with lengthy 1913 rail. You can't bridge the upper to handguard gap with most scopes. And 48" of quad rail is one darn expensive light mount.

I doubt I understand what you just said, fully.

Of course I don’t mean having a rail the length of the weapon itself.

Re6 Adjustable butt stock… preferably one that flips up over the barrel. Not happening. It's an AR, the stock will attach to the buffer tube.

Like I said, I need all the help I can get… thanks. Now I know about that .

RE 10 Threaded barrel for after market blast hidders or suppressors or ??? Most are threaded, use the standard GI

What exactly is a GI in this context? A GI IMO is an enlisted man… can we speak plainly here or are we predisposed to use some military centax instead?

I apologize. i used to know everything at one point in time , but I just don’t care to know it all anymore. Especially uncommonly used, or remote abbreviations.

Re unless you have gone thru the BATF hurdles to own a suppressor. Add $1000.

Yeah… I got that$200 just for the … tax stamp bit… BTW, they don’t run a grand each from every maker out there… although, all I was really concerned with is the flash itself…. Not a silencer. And we should call a spade a spade shouldn’t we? A silencer is a SILENCER! Why try to be sneaky with jargon?

A silencer for HD? Hahahahaha

Wake up the freakin’ dead! if I’m in trouble!.

Re 11 Polished or chromed chamber or barrel, for longevity, upkeep and accuracy.
Chromed GI is 2MOA. Stainless is down to 1/2MOA - but for an indoor HD, wasted money. Best overall is nitrided.

We keep learning. Thanks.

RE I wanted a flattop for a red dot to get on target fast, a short fixed stock, because adjustables are usually set to one length anyway, and rifle handguard, to cover more of the exposed barrel, hot or cold. I didn't need more rail, but if I do, $10 strips can be bolted on to hold whatever it was I don't need. No Sling. It just tangles up in everything and it's not a long distance Olympic shooter.

Well mostly, me too. It’s also why I changed my theme to one for an M4, rather than an AR. And except for the Aimpoint. Aimpoint Ain’t happening.

Slings can be taken off, right? They do have their uses from time to time though.

Tirod
RE That's why I asked what target and range, all too many builds jump all over the marketplace adding on parts never meant to work with each other - it's highly counterproductive in many cases. You get a rifle compromised to do nothing very well, so, it doesn't.

Short quick, and hard hitting, with reach out to 250ft with fine accuracy.. likely better than I can currently shoot…. With aiming devices.

If it’s dead at 200ft… how far off is it at 20ft? High by what.. 2 inches? Fine. That’s just fine by me. I’m pretty sure I’ll remember that.

I’m merely tiring of wasting rounds into the dark for little more than easing in a new weapon.. and there is freakin’ rhetoric about that bit too. Sweet jumpon jellyfish!! You’re what? Breakin in a pistol? Jeeez… just shoot the darn thing a cople hundered rounds and clean it up! Gosh.

I’m figuring with a LASER which for me at the range is as good as I guess I’ll get unless there’s some scope out there with one built into it… will let me actually hit where I’ve been able to land rounds with open sights… in the 10 ring at 100 – 150ft. in the past at least.

those days are over for me due to my active duty time in the military! The price I paid was my vision and it seems a few other things as time passes. . I’d just like to get reacquainted with the fun aspect of range time now and then. As much as I can.

Simply because a rifle is best at this or that doesn’t mean it can’t do something else. Trust me. Jeezz.. lighten up. We ain’t walking a perimeter here or looking for IEDs!

I had a match Remington 700 BDL large barrel for small bore competition once. Did you know the butt stock on that rifle can utterly destroy a roach at one metrer!?

.45 ACP FMJ can become ear plugs?

That an empty M1 carbine can remove at least two teeth from a large obnoxious drunk?

Or that a small tree can be cut down with a 12ga shotgun? Eventually.

It’s all true despite the fact none of those uses were intended for those appliances or accessories.
!

Obviously I’ve asked some questions and gotten responses from some of the more extremist folks here… well save for one anyhow.

My bad… I thought this was gonna be a piece of cake… Hey jim.. look at these here… and so forth. Like the very first poster wrote.

Wow. I mean, after all, I did ask for help, right?…

I ain’t G.I Joe any longer. I amended the fact an M4 would be better suited for my needs.

Not one eagle eye spotted that.

Only one person saw I didn’t want to shoot 556.

Screw it. Never mind. Sorry I bothered you all. Have fun and thanks.
Will Rogers said, "there's 3 sorts of people in this world, those who learn by books, those who learn by the experiences of others, and those who just have to pee on the electric fence every now and then."

.... for me, life becomes less and less shocking with every pull of the trigger.

Last edited by Tom Servo; April 29, 2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Removed insult to other member

Page generated in 0.03976 seconds with 8 queries