View Single Post
Old April 24, 2013, 01:47 PM   #14
Dragline45

I think a big problem with the occurrence of broken locking blocks in Beretta's is the lack of maintenance like Shipwreck said and not switching out recoil springs when needed. Not only does a weak recoil spring put more abuse on the locking block but the whole slide and barrel assembly. Also you want to keep the locking block well lubricated, and I prefer grease for this application. Throw in the fact that this is one of the most widely used pistols ever in military and law enforcement around the world you are going to hear about failure rates more often than other model pistols. Alot of these stories of broken locking blocks are over a decade old with the old style locking blocks.

Quote:
Someone, please explain to me what it is about the Beretta 92 that keeps people coming back for more - I just don't get it???
It's DA/SA which I prefer, decently priced, extremely accurate and reliable, part's are widely available and dirt cheap compared to other handguns, and I think they are just damn good looking pistols. Keep it well lubricated, change recoil and trigger spring every 5000 rounds or so (and the springs are cheap I have about 3 of each), and the Beretta should run fine for years to come.

Also I live in Massachusetts and can only buy pre-ban high capacity mags. Pre-ban Beretta 92 15rd mags happen to pop up every now and then and I got my hands on 3 of them so that right there automatically draws me towards the pistol.

Page generated in 0.02381 seconds with 8 queries