View Single Post
Old April 23, 2013, 07:33 AM   #7
Skans

Perhaps 15K rounds with the new Beretta locking blocks. But, with the older ones, they recommended that they be changed around 3500 rounds.

Personally, I can't imagine going through two locking block failures and keeping that particular gun. I ditched my Taurus PT99 (older model; old style locking block) after it shattered the ears off of the locking block. If the slide freezes (like it did on mine) the recommended fix for this is cutting the barrel to get the slide off. If you keep trying to work the slide free you will gouge up the soft aluminum frame with the shattered steel parts.

By now, there there are so many reports of broken locking blocks that it should be apparent that this design is seriously flawed. I know of no other gun that you MUST replace a small part otherwise you run the risk of destroying your gun if it fails. BTW, my locking block (again - Taurus, and old style) failed after only about 500 rounds. I'm sure some will last "forever"; but the fact is they just fail when they decide to fail.

Someone, please explain to me what it is about the Beretta 92 that keeps people coming back for more - I just don't get it???

Page generated in 0.02421 seconds with 8 queries