View Single Post
Old July 23, 2011, 03:20 PM   #21
buck460XVR

Quote:
Rifle hunting has always seemed so easy to me
Rifle hunting for deer is easy. One reason I only hunt whitetails anymore with bow, handguns or carbines in handgun calibers. Even then it's not that difficult. If .223 is legal in your state, and you are aware of it's(and your) limitations, I say go for it. After all, in today's USA, where nobody needs to hunt to survive, it's all about the hunt and not the kill. Since the .223 is a very accurate round in most platforms, as long as you do your part, correct bullet placement should not be a problem.

Quote:
I love how bow hunters always try and act like rifle hunting is so easy. Ever tried taking one at 300+yds
300 yard shots on a target as big as a deer can be easily made with most any modern $400 gun with a $75 scope mounted on top. Not the challenge it used to be when all that was available was grandpa's .32 Winnie special or your Uncle's Model '97 filled with paper hulled slugs. Back in the days when I felt I NEEDED to make a kill in order to prove to others I was a viable hunter, I carried an old M1917 that rarely, if ever missed. Nowadays, I really have nuttin' to prove to others and coming home empty just means I get another chance to go back out. If one prefers to use a high powered rifle for deer, I have no problem. It's their hunt and their kill. But compared to even today's high tech compound bows, deer hunting with a modern high powered rifle is relatively easy.

Page generated in 0.02096 seconds with 8 queries