View Single Post
Old December 20, 2009, 05:23 AM   #8
moose fat

You will have to define easiest.

I carried my .44 MG for several years in a leather belt holster, strong side, while deer hunting and hiking. The gun and holster would bump and catch things. I still wear it in my boat.

Then I got an Uncle Mikes Shoulder Holster and wore it for many years, but the narrow straps would cut into my shoulders after wearing all day. Great for wearing under a coat, quiet, no bumping rifle stocks or catching on brush and back packs.

I've since got a chest style and wear it most, over my float coat and winter parka:

It is a D. Johnston Holster from Wild West Guns in Anchorage, AK. Wildalaska gave me a good deal on it too.

I also have a Mod 1941(?), WW II era flight, bandoleer type holster that distributes the weight very well. Except it is for my Taurus M96 .22 revolver. The holster is from El Passo Saddlery. They make very good leather holsters also.

Search is your friend. There are many holster makers out there. Pick one way of carry and try it for a while. Its an evolutionary thing.

I have an El Passo Saddlery pancake holster with floral carving that I really like.

Good luck!

Last edited by moose fat; December 20, 2009 at 05:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 8 queries