View Single Post
Old July 16, 2001, 11:05 AM   #11
DocSWAT

The .45 Caliber is THE MOST proven of all the calibers mentioned. 9mm is good for practicing--less expensive, but for self-defense you will not beat the 45.

Larger Bullet & Greater Energy Transfer = Better Knock Down!

As far as control, most handle a 45 just fine and practice for qualifying with 2 & 3 shot taps from the 3,7,15 yard lines. Our PD, Sheriffs, & Marshalls in Columbus, GA ALL use 45---S&W, but still a 45. (I do not like S&W semi--sorry just me I have seen toooooo many malfunctions--H&K, 1911s, Sigs I think are the way to go...and these in no particular order,,though I think I am going to be partial to my Ed Brown Classic Custom when it arrives)

One NEW Police style (if you call it that--let me how many years allot of us have used this...uhmmm) is to put your weak hand on TOP of strong hand wrist while firing. Actually with the study just written up last month in an LEO magazine officers have improved their scores by 13-28%. As most of you already know this is not a new grip hold--it was just discontinued by many that had their weak hands eaten up by a slide...but on the glocks the testing was done with this was a non issue.......

With practice I believe most could to do the same! My wife can handle a 45 well, she qualified with my USP45c with a score of 89...and no she is not an LEO, but she has learned to shoot for obvious reasons. I taught her on a 45 because that is the standard issue carry here where I live, these are the people we hang around..... and thus the weapon she might be most likely called upon to use--plus I own 4-45s---fixing to be 6 of them---YEAH!

45 Hammer of Thor!

Sorry for the length of the post, I'm just committed to this round!

Page generated in 0.02955 seconds with 8 queries