View Single Post
Old November 13, 2013, 12:01 PM   #4
BigJimP

Every course in my area is a little different....but IC / Mod is usually what I start with ....and on a sporting course I'll shoot a shell with 1 oz of 8's at 1225 fps ....90% of the time....( 12 ga) ...../ if I want to shoot a 20ga for some reason I'll go with 7/8 oz of 8's at 1225 fps most of the time.

I will carry 5 boxes of 1 oz of 8's / 1 box of 1 oz of 9's / 1 box of 7 1/2's ....on my rugged gear cart...( for a 100 bird event )...

and I will switch chokes from station to station - if the targets change significantly .....so I do carry a pair of Skeet, pair of IC, pair of Mod, one Imp Mod and 1 Full....( in a plastic fishing lure box )...in my vest back pocket....
---------------------
the casual weekend tournaments ...tend to be set pretty easy ( low 70's for a class C shooter )..../ as we get closer to state tournament time...they get tougher.../ and you'll need an Imp Mod or a Full choke once in a while on those really long crossers ( 50 yds or so )...and sometimes you only get a limited view of them as they go thru the undergrowth and brush or thru the trees...

so it really depends....

Page generated in 0.03637 seconds with 8 queries