View Single Post
Old December 15, 2012, 09:30 AM   #12
SL1

I agree that reloading economics needs to be discussed in the context of the COMBINATION of economy and accuracy.

I can load ammo that costs half (or a little more) of what the cheapest ammo costs, but that does not include the costs of all the tools that I have acquired to do that reloading. But, that economical handloaded ammo certainly shoots much better than the cheapest factory ammo.

On the other hand, it is hard for me to load ammo that is more accurate than the very best factory loads. Sometimes I find the "magic" combination for a particular gun that outshoots everything else, and sometimes I don't (yet?). But, the ammo that I reload that is about the same quality as the best factory ammo is MUCH cheaper than that factory ammo.

So, it really comes down to how much GOOD ammo do you want to shoot? If the answer is "not much," then perhaps buying all those nifty handloading tools is not for you.

On the other hand, if you want to shoot enough to get really good with your gun, then handloading seems like a good idea, because it can provide a lot of good ammo for a reasonable price.

SL1

Page generated in 0.02337 seconds with 8 queries