View Single Post
Old November 2, 2009, 02:16 PM   #23
Thermo18

Posting for future people who stumble on this post (was a good post)

Current alarm systems with 1 telephone line as primary and a radio backup system are almost 100% secure they can cut your telco line but they cant do anything to the radio comm (sure a little bit more money but worth it if your getting an alarm system without radio backup your crippling your alarm system) or contact your Telco company and have them put a lock on your phone box and bury the cables.

But if your not wanting to clear the house in the event of a break in (dont blame ya that layout puts you at huge risk with no support unless your wife is willing to go with ya ) I suggest this after your house layout.

if there is no door starting at that hallway to bedroom 1 and 2 you need one get a regular front door lock (you keep the key) and every night have your kids lock the door. in the event of a break in the kids will hear the alarm give them directions to head under thier bed or in thier closet and you and your wife do the same (assuming your bedroom has a lock too) sure all this sounds crazy and disturbing to your kids (depending on thier age) but to me you can never be too safe and anything can happen at anytime.

Let me also take this time to tell everyone about alarm response (worked in business for awhile now) when someone breaks in nobody knows whats going on (even you) so you lock yourself down, the alarm company will sometimes call 1-4 phone numbers first before even sending the police, but lets say you reach your alarm company and say send the police. The police have tons of things already going on and unless they hear from your alarm company its a verified break-in (meaning someone has been seen onsite) they will put that alarm call right in the middle of current calls meaning higher priority first then you. Depending on where you live personally I have seen Police respond anywhere from 10 mins all the way to 4 hours! just a little F.Y.I everyone.

To me the lock in the hallway seems like a pretty good idea for a lockdown situation, even with an alarm system.

Cheers all!

Page generated in 0.03475 seconds with 8 queries